Powered by Blogger.

5 Books I Want to Read That Nobody Really Cares About



I got this idea from Ariel Bissett's videos where she just talks about books she wants to read. I'm aware that most people might not know these books but that's okay. I still want to read them.


  • The Wild Truth by Carine McCandless

Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer basically changed my life whenever I read it in high school. I loved the entire story despite it being non-fiction and I instantly became interested in Chris McCandless. This book was definitely more popular whenever it was released due to the conspiracies around Chris' death but it's still one of my favorites. The Wild Truth by Carine McCandless (his sister) is her take on the situation but also a memoir. I'm currently reading it through audiobook and I'm liking it so far!


  • Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann
I honestly love anything set in the 1960s and this book is one of the most recommended to me whenever I ask for 1960s books. Also, I have the prettiest edition of it with pink pages. 

  • Not That Bad: Dispatches from Rape Culture edited Roxane Gay
I'll read any nonfiction that Roxane Gay writes. I think this was recently published but it's a bunch of short essays from many different people on rape culture. 

  • Rough Magic: A Biography of Sylvia Plath by Paul Alexander
I wasn't a big fan of her poetry collection, Ariel, but I was genuinely intrigued in her diaries. I read the entire 800 page book of her unabridged journal and loved it. I like hearing about her life so this seems like a great way to read more about Sylvia Plath without putting myself through reading her poetry.

  • One Day We'll All Be Dead and None of This Will Matter by Scaachi Koul
This is a collection of essays about growing up the daughter of Indian immigrants in Canada. I haven't read very many Canadian authors (I am a dual citizen) so I thought I'd pick this one up. I found it through Ariel Bissett and I haven't yet seen it in any bookstores but whenever I do, I'll definitely pick it up!




No comments